Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Will I have to eat my hat on my remark

There is no way to bend spacetime by brute force because spacetime is too stiff at the scale of the thickness of the fuselage of the alien birds?

Good thing I have not let Super Cosmos into print yet. Is this what Tricky Hal has up his sleeve? :-)

OK what's wrong with the following numbers that seem to suggest that the Townsend-Brown "lifter" effect is not as crackpot as I first thought? Huh? This shows that once concrete calculation plugging in the numbers is worth "billions and billions" of Zielinski's excess verbal baggage. :-)

These parameters for geodesic gliding (simple warp drive) of operational USAF Black "Anti-Gravity" Birds like the Black Triangles and what Nick Cook is hunting for are well within current technology. Is it really as simple as this to make a George Trimble G-Engine or have I made a colossal arithmetic blunder below?

PS I would like to thank Gordon Novel for stimulating this revolting new development! Without his urging I would not have done this little exercise. Maybe it's wrong? Maybe it's not? Intelligent corrections welcomed. It can't be this easy? Is it? I do not believe what I show below - at least not yet. I have astonished myself. I am very skeptical myself of what I say here. As Richard Feynman admonished me more than once "Jack, always try to prove yourself wrong."

Working with electromagnetic units is a bitch and counter-intuitive.

Here goes:

PS The cgs emu electrical field E energy density is E^2/8pi ergs/cc

where MKS 1 volt per meter = 10^6 abvolts per cm


10^21 ergs/cc ~ E^2/8pi

E ~ (25 10^21)^1/2 ~ 10^10 abvolts/cm ~ 10^4 volts/meter

This is NOT a lot! I mean this is easy.

Suppose you have a capacitor with a separation between the plates of say 1 cm.

That's a voltage difference of only 100 volts to get the above E. So how come charged capacitors are not floating all over the place. What's wrong with this picture? Where is my error below? Back to the drawing boards boys and girls.

On Nov 30, 2004, at 9:22 AM, Jack Sarfatti wrote:


Note that the PV theory of Hal Puthoff promoted by Eric Davis in the USAF report says that black holes do not exist. This is one reason why Lawrence Kraus labeled the USAF report bogus and crackpot. It is also why Cliff Will, Matt Visser (who Davis cites significantly in the USAF report), Bill Unruh and others I talked to at GR 17 reject the PV theory completely. Sir Martin Rees, British Astronomer Royal and Master of Trinity College, Cambridge gave ample evidence for the factual status of black holes as did others.

1. How much energy does it take to make a simple black hole?

Let R be the radius of the total mass M.

The critical energy density T00* to make the black hole of radius r* is determined from

r* = 2GM/c^2 = 8pi(G/c^4)T00*r*^3

This is an induced curvature of

1/r*^2 = 8pi(G/c^4)T00*

The numbers below give the energy density needed to make a black hole of size 10^4 cm.

Let r' be the actual radius of the gravitating source (assumed static, uniform and isotropic for simplicity here in this toy model. Then the dimensionless black hole parameter is

b = (r'/r)^2 = 8pi(G/c^4)T00*r'^2

The event horizon of infinite redshift where time literally stops is when b = 1. When b < 1 we have a black hole.

2. The geodesic glider in Earth's atmosphere.

Let M be the mass of the Earth.

M = 6x10^27 grams

GM/c^2 ~ 0.5 cm

That is if the Earth were a black hole its surface area would be only ~ 3.14 cm^2 that would fit in the palm of your hand. Of course you would be crushed out of existence.

When you stand on the surface of rotating Earth at a radius r' = 6x10^8 cm you are a non-inertial observer pushed off the inertial motion geodesic path in curved spacetime by the electrical reaction forces and the Pauli exclusion quantum correlations in the material rock beneath your feet. You feel the inertial g-force proportional to your "weight" only because of these non-gravity electrical forces and quantum pressures from Fermi-Dirac statistics of identical particles.

The universal g-acceleration at Earth's surface is

g = GM/r'^2 ~ 10^3 cm/sec^2

Note that

b = ~ 10^18 for Earth.

The radius of curvature at the surface of the Earth induced by the Earth is r@ where

1/r@^2 ~ GM/c^2r'^3 = g/c^2r'

Note that the Levi-Civita connection that is not a tensor, and that has zero tensor component, in this LNIF at the surface of the Earth is

(LC)' ~ g/c^2

Paul Zielinski falling off his ladder next to you has (LC) = 0. :-)


r@ = c(r'/g)^1/2 ~ 310^10(6 10^10/10^3)^1/2 ~ 10^13 cm ~ 1 Au

The applied brute force energy density T00@ we need to neutralize the Earth's (LC)' in the LNIF for the geodesic glider is of order

1/r@^2 = 8pi(G/c^4)T00@ = g/c^2r'


T00@ ~ (c^4/8piG)(g/c^2r') = (c^2/8piG)(g/r') ~ (1/8pi)10^28x10^3/6 10^8 ergs/cc

~ 10^21 ergs/cc ~ 10^14 Joules/cc

This corrects my late last night off the top of my lazy dog head instant estimate below that was too high by a factor of 100.

On Nov 29, 2004, at 9:47 PM, Jack Sarfatti wrote:

There is no way to bend spacetime by brute force because spacetime is too stiff at the scale of the thickness of the fuselage of the alien birds.

The spacetime stiffness or "string tension" is c^4/G ~ 10^19 Gev per 10^-33 cm.

1 Gev is a billion electron volts of energy.

10^19 is 10^7x10^12 = ten million trillion electron volts of energy

10^19 Gev is ten million billion trillion electron volts of energy

The space warp induced curvature factor is

1/(Area of Induced Spacetime Warp) ~ (G/c^4) (Applied Energy Density)

To get your weightless warp drive as allegedly seen in real flying saucers

suppose the saucer is say 100 meters i.e. 10^4 cm

The warp factor around the saucer must be of order

10^-8 cm^-2 = (10^-33 cm/10^19Gev)(Applied Energy Density)

The required energy density for this Hal Puthoff/Eric Davis PV warp drive metric engineering approach is therefore

(Applied Energy Density) ~ 10^19 Gev x 10^33 x 10^-8 ~ 10^44 Gev/(cubic centimeter)

That's 10^53 electron volts of energy per cubic centimeter, that ~ 10^34 Joules of energy per cubic centimeter.

That's simply too much for any high voltage circuit to make.

Note that the energy density of a proton is

10^9 ev/(10-13)^3 = 10^9 10^39 = 10^48 ev/cc = 10^30 Joules per cc.

This is the energy density of a neutron star that has the mass of the entire Sun in a sphere of ~ 10km diameter. The flying saucer needs ten thousand times more than that following the Puthoff-Davis approach.

It don't work that way quite obviously. The alleged fact that saucers fly easily through our skies without burning us all to a crisp in Darth Vader's "Death Star WMD" means there is a kinder gentler way - there is.

Actually the above is really more for a primitive star gate - to neutralize Earth's 1 g field, i.e. weightless geodesic gliding we only need 10^-18 of the above energy density in the brute force method. I will double check this number later as it is late. Manana.

So that's only 10^14 Joules per cc - still quite a lot, but not as bad as above.

In terms of Poynting EM flux

That's 10^24 Joules per cm^2 per second or 10^24 watts per square centimeter. That's still a hell of a lot.

Friday, November 26, 2004

The Real Da Vinci Code

Is what is happening today in Iraq is the continuation of The First Crusade from 1000 years ago? Are the neocon intellectuals in the Pentagon spawned from Leo Strauss’s classes at the University of Chicago and the Trotskyites a spin-off from the ancient Secret Societies described below? Many of the neocons of course are not conscious of their Techgnostic hermetic origin. Are they are puppets on invisible strings of The Masters of Shamballah in a Passion Play?

“The Hero is one who is accused of being a fake, a fraud, condemned to punishments, ordeals, and so forth, only to, in the end, supply the needed relief to save the kingdom, or whatever there is in the story worth saving.” Robert Anton Wilson

“The Bohemian physicist … Originality has always been a fertile expanse of fumble and mistake … Your wastrel life might just turn out to be just what is required to save the planet … Sarfatti’s Cave is the name I’ll give to the Caffe Trieste in San Francisco, where Jack Sarfatti, Ph.D. in physics, writes his poetry, evokes his mystical, miracle-working ancestors, and has conducted a several-decade-long seminar on the nature of reality … It’s Jack Sarfatti against the world, and he is indomitable. One of his soaring theories is that things which have not happened yet can cause events in the present.”

That is “signal nonlocality” that leads to precognitive remote viewing like Uri Geller’s “11-11”. Quote is from Herbert Gold’s “Bohemia: Where Art, Angst, Love and Strong Coffee Meet” pp 14-15 Simon & Schuster, 1993, ISBN 0-671-76781-X

On Nov 26, 2004, at 11:30 AM, Hank Harrison wrote:

“Jack: I greatly appreciate your interest in the Grail, the current hysteria notwithstanding. It seems that every whacko now wants to ride the wave, but those of us who have been into this since before Baigent and Leigh/Lincoln released their books, are a bit worried.

Here is why: The Grail is not an object, but rather an initiation, a ceremony, which transforms the supplicant from simple soul to brilliant mind. It is achieved through study and can not be found in the Louvre or anywhere else. No matter how big a best seller gets it can never teach the "real" Grail lessons.

I will tell you what they are but, you will not believe me at first.

The core Grail teaching is heliocentric. We now accept the fact that the sun is at the centre of the solar system, but do we really operate in a heliocentric fashion? Are we not still ethnocentric, egocentric and geocentric. Once the Grail is taken into the human soul, that soul forever operates in a heliocentric and timeless fashion. Physicists should be made aware of this, since most of their math is TIME bound.

When the Christ said,"On this rock I build my church," He undoubtedly meant, on this "heap of stones" I build my church. Hermes is said to have emerged from a heap of stones, thus Christ was saying, I build my new church on the principles known to be those taught by Hermes and the basic principle of all Hermetic science was, and remains, spiritual heliocentrism. We can also speculate that the stones Hermes emerged from were the megalithic temples that date to around 4000BC in Brittany (Bretagne), Ireland and Scotland.

Hermes leads to all sun kings, all Apollonian teachings, pharonic and Celtic, and links to Mithras, the solar leoncephalic (and star crowned) God and even Arthur. Baphomet was, simply, the lion headed. The cult of the severed head is profoundly linked here, we see it in Orpheus, but also in Bronze Age Celtic teachings, Janus in the Nordic and Roman world. Mithras was an extension (in Roman militaristic terms) of Hermes-Dionysus and can be seen in stained glass in an inverted pentagram at Amiens cathedral in the east transept. I have pictures for anyone curious enough to ask.”

Note the beheadings in the Sunni Triangle.

“The church of the Grail linking Dagobert II (and the Early Merovingians) to the Grail mis en scene, is St. Denis in Paris, as that blood line is generally entombed there. This structure is reachable by Metro direction Basilique. But please be aware that it is not as nice as it once was. We can no longer trap sunlight and moonlight in this place, because it is surrounded by apartments and is lit up by Sodium Halide bulbs at night. Peter Abelard's heresy stems from the legend that the St. Deni, who the Catholics tried to link to that particular church, was not Dionysius the Roman Arropigate but rather St. Dionysus of Paris (a pagan or at least Pelagian) who was beheaded on the steps of the church. Here again the severed head cult emerges.

Finally, in the Perlesvaus, and elsewhere in the Grail literature, we find the head of John the Baptist, worshipped on Summer Solstice day, the head severed by a certain sword.”

Hank Harrison

Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 09:32:21 -0000
From: "trixcleverspacealien"
Subject: The DaVinci Code - ET in Arcadia Ego - 618 day Synchronicity

Incommensurability, Orthodoxy and the Physics of High Strangeness:
A 6-layer Model for Anomalous Phenomena
Jacques F. Vallee and Eric W. Davis
National Institute for Discovery Science
Las Vegas, Nevada

The Da Vinci Code Holy Grail Solved?

Letters remain the Holy Grail to code-breakers
By Neil Tweedie
(Filed: 26/11/2004)

“For 250 years it defied all code-breakers. Darwin had a go; Dickens, and Wedgwood too. But the 10-letter inscription - DOUOSVAVVM - carved into a monument on the Shugborough Estate in Staffordshire thumbed its nose at the curious. Those of a romantic (or deluded) disposition believed it to be a coded message of the kind used by the Knights Templar and their successors to point to the whereabouts of the Holy Grail or some other religious relic. Others believed it to be a private affirmation of love. Whatever the truth, the mystery was supposed to have been cleared up yesterday at a press conference at Bletchley Park, where British code-breakers conquered the German Enigma system during the Second World War. The people at Bletchley, now a museum, promised to lift the veil on the Shugborough Code. They wheeled out some veteran code-breakers to announce the results of months of effort by competing teams of professional and amateur cryptanalysts…The Anson brothers were thought to have been members of secret societies, which abounded at the time. One, the Priory of Sion, was regarded as a successor of the medieval Knights Templar, persecuted as heretics for their belief that Christ was not divine. Legend had it that they were the guardians of relics recovered from the Holy Land, including the Holy Grail, the cup used by Christ at the Last Supper. The monument carried a relief based on a painting by Poussin, Et in Arcadia Ego. The artist was thought to be a member of the Templars… So, what is to be made of it all? Richard Kemp, the general manager of the Shugborough Estate, said: "This confirms a link with the Templars. It's a very exciting discovery that confirms what was always rumoured to be the case." And with that he took off in search of the Grail … However, there was another explanation. Sheila Lawn, 81, a code-breaker at Bletchley during the war, favoured a solution offered by another team. They say the eight central letters, represent a Latin poem to a departed loved one, which goes: "Optima Uxoris Optima Sororis Viduus Amantissimus Vovit Virtutibus". The lines are translated as: "Best Wife, Best Sister, Widower Most Loving Vows Virtuously". She said: ‘I believe in the simple approach, and this appears to be an elegant solution.’”

“It’s interesting to note that the "Holy Grail: ET in Arcadia Solved" announcement, claiming to have solved the Holy Grail mystery followed another announcement, that announcement was only 11 days after the news that Tom Hank's landed the role of Professor Robert Langdon who also solved another related mystery i.e. Tom Hanks: Saving Private Ryan http://search.eb.com/privateryan/page1.html Bletchley Park coincidence: the effect of the first computers on History on the night of 31st May 1944, six days before D-Day, and was ... The Contribution of Colossus to OVERLORD and the Normandy Campaign www.ellsbury.com/ultrafirstcomputers.htm ‘Such a machine consisting of about 1600 valves was designed by Tommy Flowers and Colossus MK I, as it was named, was delivered to Bletchley Park in December 1943 and immediately proved successful. In March 1944, faced with a great increase in FISH traffic, Bletchley
Park placed orders for twelve Colossus MK II each incorporating 2400 valves. The first Colossus Mk. II was delivered to Bletchley Park on the night of 31st May 1944, six days before D-Day, and was operational a few hours later. The Contribution of Colossus to OVERLORD and the Normandy Campaign’”

Dan Smith’s father on Ike’s staff was one of the few people to know the date of the invasion ahead of time. http://stardrive.org/cartoon/dan.html

NEWSWEEK EXCLUSIVE: Tom Hanks Cast as Lead in 'The Da Vinci Code'

Arafat on the cover 11-22-2004 Newsweek.

Arafat passed away on 11-11-04]]

Uri Geller RV in London, March 15, 2004

11-11 and Uri Geller:

Would 11-11-04 constitute as an example of Uri [UR] Geller's mysterious 11-11?


If your attention has been drawn to clocks and watches at exactly 11:11, then read the following Memories of Other Universes

“I believe that the many [parallel] universes are simply an overlay of messages from the future. When we become aware of them, we tune to a universe possibility, and thus the other message possibilities are lost forever. In this case, the present universe is cut off from evolving to the future universe whose message was not received. The general tree of all possible parallel universes, with all its branches, is simply a reference tree that defines the statistical possibilities. To us, it is the lopping off of the unused branches that makes consciousness possible. By tuning to a particular future, a particular route and thus a particular parallel universe is chosen. Who is the chooser in this? We can attribute choice to a super intelligence in the future. This super intelligence could be what we mean by God. Or it could just be some new technology in the future that has perfected the means to sending messages back in time from their universe to ours. If all the branches--all other universes--really do exist, then it is possible to have a record in the present that contains memories of other universes, not just the universe we happen to exist in now. Again this may be a hint to abnormal mental states.” Author unknown, but these ideas are very similar to those expressed by Kelvin Cruft.

“Also note that Dan Brown's The DaVinci Code was released the day before:
http://www.soveryposh.com/x/books/C145/ Released: 18 March, 2003



2003 March 17 - President Bush issues an ultimatum to the Iraqi regime to depart or disarm within 48 hours or face serious consequences.

2003 March 19 - In an address the the American people, President Bush announced that coalition forces began striking Iraqi military targets to undermine Saddam Hussein's ability to wage war.

That dating coincidence is interesting in light that some believe Iraq to have been the location of the Garden of Eden.

[1] Hitler attacks Poland [also Saul Paul Sirag born, with Sarfatti born two weeks latter on 09-14-1939, born two weeks late, Sarfatti goes on to write "Hitler's Last Weapon" in 1979? Or was that 1978?]”


Not sure myself. I think it was 1978.

“[2] 12-07-1941 Pearl Harbor, which brought the U.S. into WWII. Meanwhile Britain's famous World War II Bletchley Park code-breaking centre code masters, i.e. "I.J Good" Alan Turing etc. were hard at work breaking Hitler's Enigma Code.”

Don't forget I.J. Good worked there with Turing and my later interaction with him.

“Note coincidence: Jack Sarfatti – I.J. Good”


I.J. Good's notion of "GOD(D)" that he introduced about fifteen years ago. Good worked with Alan Turing breaking the Nazi War Code.


Quantum Back Action
Does Consciousness Require a Violation of Orthodox Quantum Mechanics?
Presented at Tucson II 1996 Consciousness Conference

This is a prediction for the "Mind of God" (e.g. end of Hawking's book, A Brief History of Time) because, on the basis of my idea that the act of quantum computing requires the suspension of decoherence, eventually all the matter in the universe will be quantum mechanical on the cosmological scale. If back-action is present, direct faster-than-light (FTL) communication between distant regions of matter in the open universe can happen. Eberhard's theorem prohibiting such communication using nonlocal quantum connectivity only works in the limit of zero back-action. In this wild idea all the matter of the open immortal universe becomes part of a Vast Active Living Intelligence (i.e. Phillip Dick's VALIS) or cosmological brain whose quantum wave function is the "Mind of God" in Hawking's sense. This model is different from Frank Tipler's Omega Point which requires a closed universe. My model is consistent with I.J. Good's notion of "GOD(D)" that he introduced about fifteen years ago. Good worked with Alan Turing breaking the Nazi War Code.

“[3] 08-06-1945: Hiroshima – 08-09-1945: Nagasaki. Note: Little Boy: Fizzle fragments of U-235…”

My Cornell professors built these atomic bombs. I was at Cornell ~ 12 years later.

On Trix Alien’s methodology: This way madness lies."The Professor and The Madman"

Holy Blood, Holy Grail
by Alex Burns (alex.burns@disinfo.net) - October 18, 2000”

This same author wrote about me in “Weird Science”

Burns wrote:
“First published in 1982 to immediate international acclaim and controversy, Michael Baigent, Richard Leigh and Henry Lincoln's seminal book 'Holy Blood, Holy Grail' has spawned an international media industry and entirely new academic disciplines. Many of its themes have become part of conspiritology's substrate, including political secret societies, the Knights Templar and the search for fragments of an Alternative Christianity.

'Holy Blood, Holy Grail' is a powerful example of investigative journalism meme-spliced with religious conspiracy theory, a 'fictive arcanum' whose provocative thesis continues to undermine the Catholic Church's institutional reading of Judeo-Christian history. Its trash literature veneer has introduced memes that have led readers to subsequently study the scholarly work of Robert Eisenman, Barbara Thiering and the Dead Sea Scrolls researchers that reveal the suppression of early schisms within Christianity. The book's central hypothesis - that Jesus survived the Crucifixion and together with Mary Magdalene founded a bloodline that later became the Merovingians in France (protected by the Knights Templar and later by the Freemasons) amounts to a stunning re-write of Western history. Banned in Catholic-dominated countries including the Phillipines, the book remains an incendiary example of why culture-jamming official 'grand-narratives' is the frontline of new information wars … The solution to this enigma involve a twilight world where modern intelligence agencies, a 'fake' secret society (the Prieure du Notre Dame du Sion) and the royal family claims of the House of David. Historical analysis covers Pythagorean and Egyptian sacred geometry and mathematics (symptomatic of post-industrial society hyper-specialization); the hidden cultural legacies of the Cathars and the Knights Templar; mythopoeic themes in Nicolas Poussin's painting 'Et In Arcadia Ego' and anything from Satanic Bloodlines and Richard Hoagland's 'Face On Mars' to Chaos Theory and DNA phylogenetic memories. Embarking on the 'Holy Blood, Holy Grail' mystery means exploring where Pop Culture and the Sacred intersect in an infinite regressing nest of quantum combinations. The original book spawned several television documentaries and brought contemporary occult subcultures into the mainstream (even influencing conspiracy theorists like Robert Anton Wilson), foreshadowing the impact of the 'X-Files' television series with a combination of foreboding and wonder that entranced audiences worldwide.”

Wilson wrote about me and Saul-Paul Sirag in several of these same books, most notably “The Cosmic Trigger.”


The Parsifal Effect
“The 'Destiny Matrix' personal mythology of Dr. Jack Sarfatti is like a journey through a contemporary 'Holy Grail' memescape that was scripted by Thomas Pynchon.”

Pynchon and I took some of the same classes at Cornell and went to the same parties in College Town with C. Michael Curtis, who later became an editor at The Atlantic Monthly also once edited by Ellery Sedgwick.

"The Templars supposedly worshipped a devil called Baphomet. At their secret ceremonies they supposedly prostrated themselves before a bearded male head, which spoke to them and invested them with occult powers."

- p.49 (see also p.p.54-58) Holy Blood, Holy Grail

"An infuriated mob of Thracian women tore Orpheus to pieces, and his head floated, still singing, down the river Herbros into the sea and on to Lesbos, where it was buried and became the centre of an oracular cult."

p.xx, Orphee, Jean Cocteau (Blackwell's)

Don't forget Mozart's Magic Flute about the Free Masons and its precursor Bastein & Bastienne written by Mozart at age 12. I sang Bastienne twice at Brandeis in 1961 and also at San Diego State in1968. Also I lectured at the Rosy Cross in San Jose.

“An analysis of some of the legends pertaining to the mystical artifact which has been referred to as the Stone the Builders Rejected. Throughout the history of the Authentic Tradition, we find numerous references to the Mystical Stone, the Grail Stone, the Stone the Builders Rejected, the Stone in the Crown of Lucifer that fell to Earth when the War in Heaven took place, the stone that acted as Jacob's Pillow, which ended up under the Coronation Chair in Westminster Abbey, and so forth. We have traced some of these stories, and we have found that there is a very important meaning, concealed underneath them all, a meaning which has escaped just about everybody, until now. Since this is a key element in the 4th Degree of the York (or American) Rite of Freemasonry, we shall begin with a presentation on the Mark Master Degree. It is this degree which was so aptly utilized by Robert Anton Wilson, in The Widow’s Son”

What is the connection to Yale’s Skull and Bones? Is this Secret Society a spin-off from the First Crusade hence Iraq today?

“Part of the ordeal is the declaration that the Candidate is an Impostor. This is not a frivolous thing, a hazing ordeal, as some have commented to us. There is a real meaning behind everything in this Ritual. Here is our reason why. Let us take as an analogy the world of Esoterica. There is so much metaphysical bunk out there, it is ridiculous. People think that Crowley was demented, but he had nothing on the rest of these saps. It is the mark of the True Mason to be labelled an impostor, or a mere pretender, or someone who speculates wildly with slagheaps of conjecture, while the phonies hem and haw about their pet new age theories which amount to nothing in the end. As the eminent physicist, Jack Sarfatti, put it so aptly, ‘this stuff isn't even wrong.’ Which is to say, if it isn't even wrong, it is worse than wrong. But, this is the material that usually gets labeled as Legitimate, True, and Square work. It is also true among the Masons, who regard real scholarship as spurious and pedestrian pablum as true, square work. For this reason, they will continue to be unable to offer up the Ineffable Name, for they no longer possess it, if they ever did to begin with, and that is debatable. The same thing is true with other groups, who claim to have the true way, but don't even possess a flashlight to guide them down the long dark tunnel to the mystical blowgun and the ramp that leads to the processing facility. The important moral of the story: It is the True Mason who will be able to supply the solution to the enigma that everybody else is trying in vain to figure out, at the point it becomes necessary for the solution to be offered. This is not merely our own minor opinion, take a look around you at the legends and stories that are a part of this paradigm, and you will see that it constantly present. The Hero is one who is accused of being a fake, a fraud, condemned to punishments, ordeals, and so forth, only to, in the end, supply the needed relief to save the kingdom, or whatever there is in the story worth saving…. After the song, the Candidate is declared an impostor, and bounded over for punishment. He is made to prove himself, that he is a Mason, by giving the signs, etc., of the Fellow Craft degree. He satisfies the bosses, and is asked if he knows how to receive wages. He replies that he has not been so instructed. He is informed that this mitigates his crime, and is asked that if he learns how, will he do better in the future, and so on. The reprimand is rescinded. He is reminded that he barely missed getting killed for being an impostor. He is ushered out to the preparation room, the Lodge is prepared for the next point. The marker placed the chisel again on Sir John's left nipple. He looked Sir John straight in the eye and slowly raised the mallet and Sir John thought, It will only hurt for a moment, they know how to do it without impaling the candidate, and the marker said in what seemed a few seconds that expanded beyond time into eternity, 'Operative make use of the chisel to cut, hew, carve, and indent their work' - he hefted the mallet, drawing it back - 'but we as Free and Accepted Masons make use of it for a more noble and glorious purpose,' - the mallet was descending - 'to cut, hew, carve, and indent the mind!' "At the last word - 'mind' - the mallet struck the chisel. "Sir John thought he almost fainted then. But he was not unconscious; he was more conscious than ever. They were parading him around the four quarters again and he understood that his skin was uncut, only his mind had been marked as the words of the ritual said - it was a conjurer's trick, but it was not a trick because it did indent the mind, he was seeing colors clearer and hearing words with infinite overtones of meaning” - Robert Anton Wilson, The Widow's Son, pp. 118-119, Lynx Books Edition.

2. The Rejected Stone (a major theme of Marshall Naify)
My alleged ancestor Rashi de Troyes (AKA Solomon ha Zarfati) is part of the story Wolfram von Eschenbach writes of. In Holy Blood, Holy Grail we find:

"According to Wolfram, then, the Grail is a stone of some kind. But such a definition of the Grail is far more provocative than satisfying. Scholars have suggested a number of interpretations of the phrase 'lapsit exillis,' all of which are more or less plausible. 'Lapsit exillis' might be a corruption of lapis ex caelis - 'stone from the heavens.' It might also be a corruption of lapsit ex caelis - 'it fell from the heavens'; or of lapis lapsus ex caelus - 'a stone fallen from heaven'; or, finally, of lapis elixir - the fabulous Philosopher's Stone of alchemy. Certainly the passage quoted, like the whole of Wolfram's poem for that matter, is laden with alchemical symbolism. The phoenix, for example, is established alchemical shorthand for resurrection or rebirth - and also, in medieval iconography, is an emblem of the dying and resurrected Jesus … the keystone of the Temple, the Rock of Sion. Because it was 'founded' on this rock, there was supposedly a royal tradition descended from Godfroi de Bouillon that was equal to the reigning dynasties of Europe." - HBHG, pp. 297 - 298. … in the late eighteenth century, when different Masonic systems were proliferating wildly, the so-called Oriental Rite of Memphis made its appearance. [here is here the long endnote pertaining to the history of the Rite comes from.] In this rite the name Ormus occurred, to our knowledge, for the first time - the name allegedly adopted by the Prieuré de Sion between 1188 and 1307. According to the Oriental Rite of Memphis, Ormus was an Egyptian sage who, around A. D. 46, amalgamated pagan and Christian mysteries and, in so doing, founded the Rose-Croix."

Note my debunking of the modern Ormus cult pseudo-science claims of an “anti-gravity powder” from ISSO 1999-2000.

Gershom Scholem, in Origins of the Kabbalah, states:

"In sections 50 and 85, the concept of the Shekhinah is also identified with sedeq, which we have already learned to recognize as a symbol of this sphere. She is a particular quality that was offered to the Patriarchs when they prayed for a middah of God by which they would be able to regulate their conduct, but which, when offered, they
declined to accept. That is why she is called here (sections 61, 131, 132) 'the stone which the builders rejected' that 'that has become the chief cornerstone' (Ps. 118:22). For when Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob rejected this middah and chose their own, it was given to David (sections 50, 85). But she is not merely the stone or cornerstone, but, above all, 'the precious stone' and the valuable jewel. She is designated as such directly in sections 61, 65, 131 and indirectly in sections 16, 17, 49, and 61. The precious stone that adorns the
daughter or the bride becomes a symbol of herself, in whose rays 'all the commandments are contained' (section 131). The beautiful, preciously wrought gem of this passage becomes in section 137 the Torah, the adorned and crowned bride betrothed to God.”

Cipher of Genesis

Note that the electromagnetic coupling for exchange of a virtual photon between two electrons is ~ 1/137. When the electrons are also virtual this is the basic mechanism for the creation of the fabric of curved space-time in the inflationary collapse of the vacuum phase space volume ending in the Big Bangfor the emergence of order out of chaos.

“This symbolism of the precious stone can be explained as reflecting aggadic symbolism where the Torah (in the Talmud, Zebahim 116a) appears as a jewel in God's treasure and where the soul is compared to a pearl, or - equally well -- as a reversion to the language of Gnosticism, where the Sophia or soul is likewise described as a gem or pearl. (1) This
precious stone, in which 'the gems of kings and provinces' (thus in section 61, referring to Eccles. 2:8) are united, is plainly distinguished from the kings, who are the active powers in the pleroma. They bring forth the years, that is, time..." - Origins of the Kabbalah, p. 174. … The Shekinah may just be a principle, like so many people would like to believe, or She may in fact be The Goddess. We see here, too, a comparison to the Wish Granting Gem of Tibetan Buddhism. This is an integral part of the Kalachakra Tantra cycle of Initiation documents. Elsewhere in the same book, Scholem demonstrates that several eminent Kabbalists maintained that "ha-Torah" is THE NAME of GOD. And this in the context of The Torah being equated with the Shekinah, and the other Feminine elements. Raphael Patai maintains that the Shekinah is none other than Asherah, the Hebrew Goddess.” Author unknown. Sent to me by e-mail using an alias on November, 26, 2004.

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Contrary to Hal Puthoff's and Eric Davis's allegations: You cannot boil an egg with the zero point energy of ordinary vacuum that is free of dark energy because of the coherence of the Higgs Ocean in which we are immersed like deep water fish.

I meant to add below that:

1. Einstein's plain vanilla 1916 GR has zero torsion. The Bianchi identities then demand that /\zpf is a constant. 1916 GR was formulated before quantum theory. Quantum theory and observations demand that /\zpf be a variable local field that in the large scale limit approaches Einstein's cosmological constant of dark energy /\ ~ (H/c)^2 ~ 10^-56 cm^-2 instead of the /\ ~ 10^66 cm^-2 predicted by "quantum gravity".

2. Hal Puthoff's wrong "Type II Casimir force" theory of Ken Shoulders' EV (charge clusters) demands that /\zpf ~ 10^22 cm^-2 in all of space outside the charge clusters. Therefore, Hal's theory here disagrees with observation by 56 + 22 = 78 powers of ten. That is 122 - 78 = 44 powers of ten better than quantum gravity theory, but nothing to write home about! :-)

You cannot boil an egg with the zero point energy of ordinary vacuum free of dark energy.

3. As shown by Ian Peterson http://legacywww.coventry.ac.uk/legacy/cmbs/peterson.htm Hal Puthoff's claim with Dan Cole of Boston University that the Casimir force taps vacuum energy is incorrect. The Casimir force at best can only tap the very small electrostatic energy of mutually induced "electric dipole" charge separations in the neutral plates of area A separated by d.

Casimir force = (dimensionless number)e^2A/d^4

This is mistaken for a zero point energy force only because e^2 and hc have the same physical dimensions. In fact the electromagnetic micro-quantum zero point energy density is very small because of the macro-quantum coherence of the Higgs ocean (modern day generally covariant "aether"). One can get a Casimir force formula by calculating the perturbation on this vanishing zero point energy introduced by the plates. This is similar to the Weisskopf-Bethe calculations of the Lamb shift in hydrogen. However, that calculation is equivalent to a quantum electrodynamic calculation of the mutually induced charge separations inside the neutral plates. The idea that the ordinary vacuum has untapped zero point energy of order /\zpf ~ 10^22 cm^-2 i.e. (10^19 Gev/10^-33)10^22 ~ 10^(19 + 33 + 22) = 10^74 Gev/cc (Type II Casimir force EV model prediction) is absurd.

Note that c^2/\zpf is equivalent to G(mass density). So Hal Puthoff's estimate for virtual photons in the EV case gives

10^21x10^22 = G(mass density) ~ 10^-7 (mass density)

i.e. effective mass density of

10^(21 + 22 + 7) ~ 10^50 grams/cc

filling all space in Hal's theory.

Such a universe could not exist because in Einstein's gravity ALL sources of energy, even virtual zero point energy directly warp spacetime.

Note that if

/\ ~ (H/c)^2 ~ 10^-56 cm^2 at all scales


(10^19 Gev per 10^-33 cm)10^-56 cm^-2 ~ 10^(19 + 33 - 56)Gev/cm^3 ~ 10^-4Gev/cm^3 ~ 10^5 ev/cm^3 ~ 10^-7 ergs/cc ~ 10^-14 Joules/cc ~ 10^-17 British Thermal Units per cubic centimeter.

1 food calorie is a kilocalorie ~ 4,000 Joules.

So we have ~ 10^-17 food calories per cc

A gallon of gasoline is worth ~ 31,000 kilocalories, i.e. 31,000 food calories.

Therefore, we need V where

10^-17 V ~ 10^4

V ~ 10^21 cc ~ (10^7 cm)^3 ~ (10^5 meters)^3 ~ (10^2 kilometers)^3

i.e. you need a cube 100 kilometers on a side to have enough ORDINARY vacuum energy to compete with 1 gallon of gasoline.

Therefore, Hal Puthoff's claims to the media are definitely misleading!

The zero point energy density of ORDINARY VACUUM is much too small for any practical use.

What about exotic vacua?

That's a different story.

Now as to Z's misguided attempts to do away with the equivalence principle and general covariance (Hal Puthoff has a similar idea in his PV gravity theory that Cliff Will, Matt Visser and Bill Unruh reject for that reason) Penrose in Ch 17 of "The Road to Reality" backs me up in what I said to Z. More details on this another time. Basically Z tries to restore Newton's idea of gravity force to Einstein's GR. That does not work. Z does not understand the paradigm shift in the passage from Newton to Einstein in the change in the meaning of "inertial frame" and "inertial motion". Consequently any attempt to write the plain vanilla 1916 connection (no torsion)

{LC} = Tensor Gravity Force + Inertial Force = Net Gravity Force

always winds up with

Tensor Gravity Force = 0

when calculated correctly.

That is, in Einstein's theory, unlike Newton's theory

Net Gravity Force = Inertial Force

This is in contrast to Newton's theory where you CAN write

Net Gravity Force = External Gravity Force + Inertial Force

Z tries to force Newton's force idea into Einstein's theory where there is no room for it.

Note Newton's theory is pragmatically good to 10^-7 in all NASA space probe motions.

Einstein's theory is good to 10^-14 in the pulsar data.

Einstein's theory limits to Newton's under the appropriate conditions. They give same pragmatic answers but for very different explanatory reasons.

Z's attempt has been tried before by scores of amateurs and it always fails for basic reasons nicely spelled out in Roger Penrose's book.

On Nov 24, 2004, at 2:10 PM, Jack Sarfatti wrote:

On Nov 24, 2004, at 11:39 AM, Edward Halerewicz, Jr. wrote:

Its taken me a while to buy into "dark matter" but I
believe there is enough evidence to show that it does
exist. Even if dark matter resided in extra
dimensions as you seem to believe, it would be
confined to the symmetry of string theory to preserve
the Standard Model, another Earth in hyperspace is
unlikely. But I really doubt there are actually only
four fundamental force as often claimed, reminds me
too much of air, earth, fire and water, so what to do
Fernando, simple like any good theorist go back to the
drawing board.

The extra-dimensions are not needed to explain both the dark matter and the dark energy. They may be there. I am not denying that possibility. The optimum post-inflation vacuum state has vanishing zero point energy density because of the macro-quantum coherence of the Higgs Ocean (at ALL scales - contrary to Puthoff's claim that dark energy is only important in the large-scale limit.) Exotic vacuum phases correspond to deviations away from the optimum of both positive and negative quantum pressure. The quantum pressure has a strong direct warp effect on the fabric of space-time given by Einstein's extended exotic vacuum field equation

Guv + /\zpfguv = 0

Where, in the absence of a controlled metric engineered perturbation,

/\zpf = (Mc/h)^2 [(h/Mc)^3|Higgs Ocean|^2 - ]

M is the regulator mass for the ODLRO effective c-number field theory giving Einstein's field equations.

/\zpf =/= 0 are the exotic vacuum states.

w = -1 = (pressure/energy density) in the large-scale FRW metric limit

A lump of w = -1 exotic vacuum mimics w = 0 CDM in its gravity lensing.

The NASA Pioneer 10&11 anomalies are a hedgehog topological defect in the Higgs Ocean centered at the Sun. That is two concentric spheres centered at Sun forming the boundaries of a dark energy exotic vacuum region where

/\zpf = H(t)/cr

H(t) = Hubble parameter

The boundary of the inner sphere is r ~ 20 AU

The approximate dominant "S-wave" (multipole expansion of Green's function of the Poisson equation) effective universal gravity potential per unit test mass of the dark energy inside the two spheres is

Vzpf =c^2/\zpfr^2 = cHr = c(Hubble recession speed)

The observed gravitational anomaly is

a_g = -dV/dr = cH ~ 10^-7 cm/sec^2 pointing back to the Sun.

Similarly the Galactic halo holding our solar system to the galaxy is a dark energy effect with

/\zpf = (v/c)1/r^2

Vzpf = c^2/\zpfr^2 = cv

v is the tangential speed of our solar system around the big black hole at the center of our galaxy.

v = fr

f is the frequency of rotation.

v is constant so that

f = v/r

f decreases as r increases.

Warp drive propulsion uses an appropriate /\zpf field configuration in the fuselage of the saucer or black triangle. Similarly for the stargate teleportation in Eric Davis's USAF paper.

Ken Shoulders' EVs are easily explained as well as key features of high-energy physics like the universal Regge slope of hadronic resonances and the point-like parton structure of nucleons under high magnification with inelastically scattered electron beams.

Monday, November 22, 2004

Theorem: The tensor T = 0 in {LC} = T + N in 1916 Einstein GR

Proof: (the proof is trivial, Zielinski's claim is obviously wrong, i.e. inconsistent with Einstein's 1916 GR)

I thought of this several days ago but forgot to write it up.

The Levi-Civita connection field for the non-geodesic inertial forces in non-inertial frames {LC} is a sum of partial derivatives of the metric tensor gij (here i,j,l, a,b,c,d = 0,1,2,3)

{LC}^lki = (1/2)g^l^j(gij,k + gjk,i - gki,j)

,j is the ordinary partial derivative

the LC covariant partial derivative is ;j

Given the metric tensor gab, the ONLY way to make a tensor 3rd-rank tensor T^lki from it, is to take its {LC} covariant derivative (sum over repeated indices o)

Tki;^l =gki^,l - {LC}^ok^lgoi - {LC}^oi^lgko = NON-METRICITY tensor = 0 in Einstein's 1916 GR.

Therefore T = 0

{LC} = N (not a GCT tensor)

{LC} -> {LC}' = XXX{LC} + XY

Y is an ordinary partial derivative of the GCT Jacobian matrix X.

Therefore, {LC} is a tensor relative to the SUBGROUP of LINEAR i.e. Y = 0 GEODESIC coordinate transformations where by definition Y = 0. Such transformations cannot generate inertial forces i.e. {LC} = 0 under those restricted transformations that only connect INERTIAL FRAMES on timelike geodesics in curved spacetime.

All formal coordinate transformations, whether global (in flat spacetime) or local (in curved spacetime), correspond to physical gedankenexperiments that in principle can be real experiments.

All NONLINEAR COORDINATE TRANSFORMATIONS to NON-INERTIAL FRAMES with INERTIAL FORCES ~ {LC} =/= 0, i.e. Y =/= 0 are NON-GEODESIC and require NON-GRAVITY FORCES or initial TORQUES to set sources in rotation with conserved angular momentum, to implement physically.

Note that Alex Poltorak's theory introducing a rigid non-dynamical connection field with non-zero non-metricity and a new covariant derivative |l is not allowed in Einstein's plain vanilla 1916 GR to which this discussion is confined. Alex's idea is a NEW THEORY not equivalent to Einstein's 1916 GR and this is not the place to discuss it.

On Nov 21, 2004, at 8:27 PM, Jack Sarfatti wrote:

Paul, from simple dimensional analysis the basic components of the 4th rank stretch-squeeze tidal curvature tensor scale as GM/c^2r^3, i.e. 1/(area). Therefore, the CONNECTION FIELD piece for T you are looking for must have the factors GM/c^2r^2 where r is the Schwarzschild coordinate that Hal Puthoff in PV does not distinguish from the isotropic coordinate. Here r > 2GM/c^2, i.e. not a black hole.

Therefore, given the definition of {LC} starting in the LNIF rest frame you must show

T' = f(GM/c^2r^2)

N' = ?

in terms of first order partial derivatives of guv & g^u^v.

What is the function f explicitly for this case in the LNIF rest frame at r, where

{LC}' = T' + N'

Remember, I say that even in this case T' = 0, that there is only N'.

Unless you can produce an explicit solution in terms of your Ansatz for this next simplest possible problem, i.e. "Helium atom" analog, you have no real theory.

On Nov 21, 2004, at 5:12 PM, Jack Sarfatti wrote:


OK, we do not disagree in that simple example. You agree with me T = 0 there.

Next problem is Schwarzschild solution. Compute T there!

On Nov 21, 2004, at 4:45 PM, iksnileiz@earthlink.net wrote:

1. A pseudotensor can "be zero" in one cooridnate system -- meaning that in this
CS the pseudotensor is represented by a matrix whose composnents are all zero --
and can "be non-zero" in another -- meaning that is represented in that CS by a
matrix whose components are not all zero.

Of course. So what? I never denied that. You keep citing obvious things that have no bearing on the issue.

This is a very good example in mathematics of how a certain kind of non-scalar
quantity can "be zero" at yet still be present.

Yes, at least in some cases.

So I would rather say that the zero matrix representing a pseudotensor in a certain
CS is the ghost of a *non-departed* quantity.


2. The physical vacuum is the ghost of the departed mechanical aether: not exactly
something, but not exactly nothing either.

I disagree with the spin in your 2. It's ordinary matter that is more ghostly in that it's only ~ 4% of the universe.

The real point is that "off-mass-shell" is as physical as "on-mass-shell" when it comes to gravity!
That is not the case for electromagnetism. The difference is the equivalence principle that you and Hal Puthoff seem to want to violate in profound ways.

What you should do ASAP is collect relevant quotes on the "energy problem" and "general covariance" and put them in a pdf with standard math notation.

If you cannot compute a T =/= 0 for the Schwarzschild solution in the REST LNIF then you need to get off your hobby horse.

BTW Note:

gtt = -(1 - 2GM/c^2r)

grr = +(1 - 2GM/c^2r)^-1

gtheta,theta = +1

gphi,phi = + 1


ds^2 = gtt(cdt)^2 + grrdr^2 + gtheta,theta(rdtheta)^2 + gphi,phi(rsinthetadphi)^2

Note that I used the dimensionally consistent tetrad basis in spherical polar LOCAL coordinates

(det,der, detheta, dephi) = (cdt, dr, rdtheta, rsinthetadphi) all with physical dimension of length

When you take partial derivatives for example you have





Jack Sarfatti wrote:

re: Metric Engineering W^3

Zielinski inadvertently draws attention to the "ghosts of departed quantities" in this case the creative tension between the formal idea of "zero" and the physical idea of a property vanishing as when we say, for example:

1. The motion of the Earth through the aether is undetectable, i.e. zero fringe shift in Michelson-Morley interferometer experiment.

2. Dark matter detectors cannot click with the right stuff to explain Omega(CDM) ~ 0.23 because CDM is virtual off-mass-shell exotic vacuum with w = -1 that MIMICS w = 0.

3. The voltage drop across a resistor is zero.

4. The room is dark.

5. T + 0 = T (see below)

When a physical property is "zero" is it not there? Or is it there in potential form actuated when it is not zero?
That depends on each case, especially when the "zero" has arbitrary gauge freedom (E. Wigner).

Formally "0" is a perfectly good number.

On the other hand 1 + 0 = 1

6. When the zero point vacuum pressure is zero in ordinary vacuum it is still there in a sense because in anti-gravity dark energy exotic vacuum (from outside an exotic compact source) the pressure goes negative and in gravitating dark matter exotic vacuum the pressure goes positive. Whether the zero point vacuum pressure is zero, negative or positive depends on the local intensity of the Higgs Ocean macro-quantum coherent vacuum order parameter that we control in the metric engineering of warp, wormhole and weapon (W^3).

Sunday, November 21, 2004

Ghosts of Departed Quantities

On Nov 21, 2004, at 4:19 PM, Jack Sarfatti wrote:

re: Metric Engineering W^3

Zielinski inadvertently draws attention to the "ghosts of departed quantities" in this case the creative tension between the formal idea of "zero" and the physical idea of a property vanishing as when we say, for example:

1. The motion of the Earth through the aether is undetectable, i.e. zero fringe shift in Michelson-Morley interferometer experiment.

2. Dark matter detectors cannot click with the right stuff to explain Omega(CDM) ~ 0.23 because CDM is virtual off-mass-shell exotic vacuum with w = -1 that MIMICS w = 0.

3. The voltage drop across a resistor is zero.

4. The room is dark.

5. T + 0 = T (see below)

When a physical property is "zero" is it not there? Or is it there in potential form actuated when it is not zero?
That depends on each case, especially when the "zero" has arbitrary gauge freedom (E. Wigner).

Formally "0" is a perfectly good number.

On the other hand 1 + 0 = 1

6. When the zero point vacuum pressure is zero in ordinary vacuum it is still there in a sense because in anti-gravity dark energy exotic vacuum (from outside an exotic compact source) the pressure goes negative and in gravitating dark matter exotic vacuum the pressure goes positive. Whether the zero point vacuum pressure is zero, negative or positive depends on the local intensity of the Higgs Ocean macro-quantum coherent vacuum order parameter that we control in the metric engineering of warp, wormhole and weapon (W^3).

On Nov 21, 2004, at 12:24 PM, iksnileiz@earthlink.net wrote:

Jack Sarfatti wrote:

On Nov 20, 2004, at 6:15 PM, iksnileiz@earthlink.net wrote:

Jack Sarfatti wrote:


This is more "psychoceramics". (Matt Visser "Lorentzian Wormholes")

Go ahead and try to publish it. No good journal will accept it.


"Apparently Sarfatti does not understand that the pseudotensor quantity N can be represented by a zero matrix in a Cartesian CS without ceasing to exist as a component of (LC)."

Is still another false allegation.

[Z] Then what's your point?

[J] Your attempt at a re-interpretation of Einstein's GR is inconsistent. So also is Hal Puthoff's PV re-interpretation that is also experimentally wrong. You cannot make any experimental predictions.

[Z] It is inconsistent with the Einsteinian relativistic model for GR -- but it is intended to be.

[J] I am glad you admit that. You were beginning to sound like Hal Puthoff in his "PV without PV" theory promoted in Eric Davis's USAF "Teleportation" report. http://www.space.com/businesstechnology/technovel_teleport_041103.html :-)

[Z] It is fully consistent with the GR formalism itself, as I have shown.

[J] You violate the very core of Einstein's Vision.

[Z]And what is the "core of Einstein's Vision"?

(1) Extended relativity principle based on "complete physical equivalence" of inertial and non-inertial reference frames, and therefore strict universal physical equivalence of gravitational and inertial fields;

[J] You are imposing way too strong an interpretation not in actual use today. This is a Straw Man you erect. Landau and Lifshitz introduce the equivalence principle as an "analogy". The actual use of the idea in physics today is that the centers of masses of extended test particles follow free float zero g-force (i.e. {LC} = 0) timelike geodesics and their relative coordinates display tidal stretch-squeeze tensor curvature accelerations. Curvature, in fact is optimally measured in a LIF where {LC} the Levi-Civita metric connection of 1916 plain vanilla Einstein GR = 0. You erect a bogus House of Cards on this shaky ground.

[Z] (2) Trajectories of test particles mathematically conceived as geodesics on a curved spacetime manifold;

[J] Yes.

[Z](3) Reciprocal interaction of gravitating matter and gravitational field

[J] Yes, except now we know that "matter" is at most 4% of the universe and 96% is not "matter" (on mass shell) but is "exotic vacuum" (off mass shell).

[Z] In the Newtonian model for GR, only the relativistic equivalence hypothesis (1) is eliminated, while the geometrodynamic features (2) and (3) are retained intact.

[J] Not sure what you mean. The SR O(1,3) is replaced by the Galilean group when v/c << 1 as I showed in the case of really globally flat space-time where

ds^2 = (-cdt)^2 - dx^2 - dy^2 - dz^2 = gtt(cdt)^2 + gxxdx^2 + gyydy^2 + gzzdz^2

Make the Galilean translational CONFORMAL BOOST to a uniformly-accelerating Global Non-Inertial Frame with prime coordinates:

x -> x' = x - (1/2)gt^2
t = t'
y = y'
z = z'

Note that this transformation does not obey asymptotic flatness. See Landau & Lifshitz (Moscow) Ch. 10 "Classical Theory of Fields".

Also, it is only valid for gt/c << 1.

gt't' = -[1 - (gt'/c)^2]

gt'x' = 2(gt'/c) = GRAVIMAGNETIC FIELD

g^t'^t' = -[1 - (gt'/c)^2]^-1

g^t'^x' = 0

{LC}^x't't' = g/c^2 in the GNIF i.e. "g-force" actually universal g-acceleration on ALL test particles.

{LC}^xtt = 0 in the GIF

a_g' = g = c^2{LC}^x't't' gives the NON-VANISHING INERTIAL FORCE/m in the GNIF.

*Challenge to Zielinski:

Homework Problem
Paul, in terms of your theory, explicitly calculate T, N, T', N' for the concrete example below. If your theory has any meaning at all you should be able to solve this simplest of all problems, like the "hydrogen atom" in atomic physics.

{LC}' is NOT a GCT tensor T' nor can you split it into

{LC}^x't't' = T' + N'

Where ONLY in Z's theory

{LC}^xtt = 0 = T + N

T = -N =/=0

where under the conformal boost

T -> T' = XXXT

N -> N' = XXXN + XY

Note that the XXX transformation is MULT-LINEAR and ASSOCIATIVE, therefore

{LC}' = T' + N' = XXXT + XXXN + XY = XXX(T + N) + XY = XXX{LC} + XY

which obvious formal result, Paul, you deny in your inconsistent logic.

In this concrete example

Xt'^x' = x',t = -gt/c, X^t't = 1, X^x'x = 1 etc.

Y^x t't' = X^xt',t' = g/c^2

{LC}^x't't' = X^x'xY^xt't' = g/c^2 = N' with T' = 0.

*If a tensor vanishes in any frame, it vanishes in ALL frames.

is the only non-trivial component for the NONLINEAR GCT in this simple case. The rest are either 1 or 0.

In contrast to Z's wrong theory above, Einstein's theory simply says



N -> N' = XXXN + XY

That is there is no T ever, or, rather T = 0.

[Z] In my approach, I actually do recover Einstein's vision of the intimate physical relationship between ("unity of nature of") gravitation and inertia as the basis for a theoretic explanation of weak equivalence -- but on a deeper level and in reference to an underlying physical field. But this does recover the idea that motion of freely-moving objects in gravitational fields is natural (i.e., unforced) motion.

[J] I don't think so.

[Z] So from my POV we lose nothing of any real importance by abandoning Einstein equivalence -- except Einsteinian
"general relativity", which at this point I can only view as a purely heuristic notion.

[J] You have done nothing because no one really uses your Straw Man idea of "equivalence" (SSEP) i.e. Super Strong Equivalence Principle is what you propose.

[Z] At the same time, we solve the energy problem and the problem of general covariance.

[J] I don't think so. See Roger Penrose "The Road to Reality" on both those problems - a long story.

[Z] Also in my model I completely remove the arbitrary choice of mathematical spacetime coordinates from the physics.

[J] If it ain't broke don't fix it. In any case I see no evidence you have done any of that. Einstein already did that in 1916. Reinventing the wheel Paul? Einstein's is better to drive on than yours. ;-)

There is no advantage to it even if you could make it consistent.

[Z] It is consistent.

[J] Wishing don't make it so. I think not.

You cannot solve any real problems with it. It's all hot air.

[Z] Because you simply deny that there are any actual problems in orthodox GR, which is an eccentric position that contradicts the consensus that currently exists in the foundational literature.

[J] This is too vague. Give concrete examples. If you cannot solve the simple case above you cannot solve anything important.

[Z] The fact is that there IS an "energy problem", and there IS a "problem of general covariance", to name just
two chronic GR conundrums.

[J] Depends what you mean? Again too vague. Give concrete examples.

[Z] My model completely solves both.

[J] Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

[Z] You have no point.

(LC) is not a "pure tensor" simply because (LC) = T + 0 in the LNIF Cartesian CS and
T considered separately is a tensor quantity.

T = 0

[Z] I don't know about your "T", but my T =/= 0 generally on a curved manifold *by definition*;
and this is based squarely on the textbook Christoffel expression for the GAMMA coefficients.

[J] This is your bait and switch. Produce your formula.

I say T = 0 in ALL cases curved or flat space-time i.e.

(LC) = T + N your formula


T = 0 in Einstein's 1916 GR.

[Z] So what "T" are you talking about?

[J] The one you originally wrote.

[J] LIF has no T part in Einstein's 1916 GR.

[Z] Nonsense. You might as well argue that 4 has no 2's until we write 2 + 2 = 4 -- but then we have a different theory!

My T is implicitly present in 1916 GR:

(LC) = (T + N)

[J] See above. I say that Einstein's 1916 GR demands that your T = 0 in ALL situations.



x -> x' = x - (1/2)gt^2

giving GNIF g-force acceleration

c^2{^x'0'0'}' = g


[Z] OK.

[J] What do you mean OK ...?

[Z] By "OK", I mean OK.

[J] This example defeats your whole program in a simple concrete example!

[Z] How do you imagine that this defeats my argument?

[J] OK ... Here we have a concrete case.

You say

(LC)' = T' + N'

[Z] Yes.

Here, by "yes" I mean yes.

[J] What is T' and what is N' when

(LC)' ~ {^x't't'}' = g/c^2 in this case in the Galilean Global Non-Inertial Frame.

Show us. If you have a general theory. How does it work in this example?

[Z] Since we have a GNIF, the manifold must be completely flat, so

T = T' = 0 everywhere.

That means, in the GIF, N = 0 also and thus

(LC) = (0 + 0)

In the GNIF, we see a pure inertial field represented by the non-vanishing coordinate component N':

T --> T' = XXX(T) = 0

0 --> XY = N'

(LC) = (0 + 0) --> (LC)' = (0 + N'),

N' = XY ~ {^x't't'}' = g/c^2

So how can you possibly imagine that this "defeats [my] whole program in a simple concrete example"?

[J] OK you squirmed out of this one, since you agree with me that, at least in this case, T = T' = 0. So we have no formal difference here.

OK Problem 2 Schwartzschild solution. What is T' there and what is N' for the local LNIF REST FRAME relative to source M at distance r > 2GM/c^2.

Solve that problem next.

[Z] The point here is that we get non-vanishing g_t't', x' in the x'-direction and this is directly related to the "inertial forces" along x' that are supposed to be observed in the GNIF:

[J] You are here using my calculation. You never calculated this yourself. I want the record clear on that.

(LC)^x'_t't' = 1/2 g^x't' {- g_t't', x'}, g_t't', x' =/= 0

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Last time I wrote (typo-corrected here with missing ^):

The only non-vanishing terms in this rest LNIF case are

{LC}^1'0'0' = (1/2)g^1^'0'g0'0',0' + (1/2)g^1'^1'g0'1',0'

= -g^1'^0'(g^2/c^3)t' + g^1'^1'g/c^2

Note that there appears to be an additional non-Newtonian term here. We need to calculate the inverse matrix to gu'v' of course.

OK I did the calculation and lo and behold g^1'0' = 0 exactly! There is NO "additional Non-Newtonian term" in this simple example. Such a term would mar the beauty of Einstein's general theory in this simple Galilean limit analogous to doing the simple hydrogen atom in the quantum theory of atoms.

Note that in this simple problem the inertial artificial gravity force felt by the non-inertial observer in globally flat spacetime is a pure "gravimagnetic" effect in terms of Einstein's local geometrodynamics in which there are no Newtonian gravity forces acting at a distance.

On Nov 15, 2004, at 3:59 PM, Jack Sarfatti wrote:

Example - uniformly accelerating non-inertial frame in globally flat space-time in the Galilean limit as a consistency check.

On Nov 15, 2004, at 2:45 PM, Jack Sarfatti wrote:

The LC connection field in general is

{LC}^luv = (1/2)g^lw(gvw,u + gwu,v - guv,w)


{LC}^i00 = (1/2)g^iw(g0w,0 + gw0,0 - g00,w) = (1/2)g^iw(2g0w,0 - g00,w)

In the case

x -> x' = x - (1/2)gt^2

t = t'

y = y'

z = z'

gt/c << 1

dx -> dx' = dx - gtdt

dx^2 = (dx' + gt'dt')^2 = dx'^2 + 2gt'dx'dt' + (gt')^2dt'^2

= dx'^2 + 2(gt'/c)dx'cdt' + (gt'/c)^2c^2dt'^2

ds^2 = (cdt)^2 - dx^2 - dy^2 - dz^2

= [1 - (gt'/c)^2](cdt')^2 - 2(gt'/c)(cdt')(dx') - dx'^2 - dy'^2 - dz'^2

g0'0' = [1 - (gct'/c^2)^2]

g0'1' = H1' = 2(gt'/c) gravimagnetic field

g0'0',0' = -2(g^2/c^3)t

g0'1',0' = 2g/c^2

The only non-vanishing terms in this rest LNIF case are

{LC}^1'0'0' = (1/2)g^1^'0'g0'0',0' + (1/2)g^1'^1'g0'1',0'

= -g^1'^0'(g^2/c^3)t' + g^1^'1'g/c^2

Note that there appears to be an additional non-Newtonian term here. We need to calculate the inverse matrix to gu'v' of course.

The Galilean approximation here is gt'/c << 1


{LC}^1'0'0'~ g^1'1'g/c^2

Where obviously

g^1'1' = -1


{LC}^1'0'0'~ -g/c^2

But the REST LNIF non-geodesic equation for the test particle is, in this case

{LC}^1'0'0' = F(non-gravity reaction force)/mc^2


-g ~ F(non-gravity reaction force)/m


Monday, November 15, 2004

I use here 1 -1 -1 -1 signature convention

ds^2 = nuvdx^udx^v

in globally flat spacetime using Cartesian coordinate.

n00 = + 1

n11 = n22 = n33 = -1

nuv = 0, u =/= v

Make a general coordinate transformation (GCT) for a fixed "point" physical event P, i.e. x^u(P) -> x^u'(P) in globally flat spacetime, the GCT is

X^u'u = x^u',u

,u = ordinary partial derivative

similarly for X^u,y'

Xu^w'Xw'^v = Unit Matrix etc.

The globally flat metric tensor in curvilinear coordinates is therefore

gu'v' = Xu'^uXv'^vnuv

The LC connection field in general is

{LC}^luv = (1/2)g^lw(gvw,u + gwu,v - guv,w)

Obviously in Cartesian coordinates in globally flat spacetime

{LC}^luv = 0


Therefore, the tidal force curvature tensor = 0 everywhere in any frame because tensors transform by multilinear transformation.

The LC connection field is not a tensor. It has no tensor part.

Under GCT, the {LC} transforms as

{LC}^luv -> {LC}^l'u'v' = {LC}^luvXl^l'X^uu'X^^vv' + Y^wv'u'X^l'w

Where Y^wv'u' = X^wv',u'

The LC connection field transformation has a homogeneous tensor part and an inhomogeneous non-tensor part. However, in no sense can you say that the LC connection field itself consists of a tensor part and a non-tensor part.

That is

{LC}^luv = Tensor^luv + (Non-Tensor)^luv

is false, except in the trivial case

Tensor^luv = 0

Back to globally flat spacetime, the LC connection field in curvilinear coordinates is simply

{LC FLAT}^l'u'v' = Y^wv'u'X^l'w

The 4th rank tidal curvature tensor computed from this will vanish.

The timelike geodesic equation in globally flat spacetime in Cartesian coordinates is simply

d^2x^l/ds^2 = 0

i.e. in Galilean limit

a = F(non-gravity)/m = 0

This same timelike geodesic equation in curvilinear coordinates is

d^2x^l'/ds^2 +{LC}^l'u'v'(dx^u'/ds)(dx^v'/ds) = 0

Imagine a test particle of mass m on such a timelike geodesic.

What is the rest frame of this test particle?

i = 1,2,3 space coordinates

In the geodesic LIF rest frame

d^2x^l'/ds^2 = 0

d^x^i/ds = 0

dx^0/ds = 1

Therefore, the geodesic equation in the LIF rest frame of the test particle on the geodesic is

{LC}^i00 = 0

All other components of LC are not measurable in the geodesic rest frame of the test particle.

In general the physically measurable g-force as a 3-vector is

g-force^i = {LC}^i00, i = 1, 2, 3

{LC}^i00 is an "inertial force field" that vanishes in the rest LIF of the test particle.

Therefore, any GCT in globally flat spacetime that has

{LC}^i00 =/= 0

at some event P is not an inertial GCT, but is a non-inertial GCT. Such a GCT is a physical description of a nongeodesic fleet of rocket ships in deep empty space whose rocket engines are firing in an arbitrary manner. This grid of rocket ships measures events P' and records the data. The original nuv in Cartesian coordinates describes an identical geodesic fleet of rocket ships with all their engines off.

The generalized Newtonian

F = ma

In Einstein's 1916 GR is

d^2x^l'/ds^2 +{LC}^l'u'v'(dx^u'/ds)(dx^v'/ds) = F^l(non-gravity)/mc^2

where guv is dimensionless and {LC} has dimension 1/(length) with tidal curvature dimension 1/Area.

The rest LNIF of the test particle obviously obeys

{LC}^i00 = F^i(non-gravity)/mc^2

Note that [Force] = [Energy/Distance].

* When doing physics always use dimensionally consistent equations even in intermediate steps. Mathematicians flout this rule thereby increasing the probability of making errors and missing important physical insights.

Therefore, the translational inertial g-force in globally flat spacetime is created by the non-gravity forces on the rocket ship nodes of the grid that is the end result of the GCT. Of course, any real set of rocket ships is only a coarse-grained finite lattice approximation to the formal continuum mathematics.

What the GCT mean physically are transformations between two sets of detectors in arbitrary relative motion. Call them the Red Fleet and the Blue Fleet.

Relativity theory is a generalized navigation theory from the British Navy's discovery of how to accurately measure latitude and longitude.

Example - uniformly accelerating non-inertial frame in globally flat space-time in the Galilean limit as a consistency check.

On Nov 15, 2004, at 2:45 PM, Jack Sarfatti wrote:

The LC connection field in general is

{LC}^luv = (1/2)g^lw(gvw,u + gwu,v - guv,w)


{LC}^i00 = (1/2)g^iw(g0w,0 + gw0,0 - g00,w) = (1/2)g^iw(2g0w,0 - g00,w)

In the case

x -> x' = x - (1/2)gt^2

t = t'

y = y'

z = z'

gt/c << 1

dx -> dx' = dx - gtdt

dx^2 = (dx' + gt'dt')^2 = dx'^2 + 2gt'dx'dt' + (gt')^2dt'^2

= dx'^2 + 2(gt'/c)dx'cdt' + (gt'/c)^2c^2dt'^2

ds^2 = (cdt)^2 - dx^2 - dy^2 - dz^2

 = [1 - (gt'/c)^2](cdt')^2 - 2(gt'/c)(cdt')(dx') - dx'^2 - dy'^2 - dz'^2

g0'0' = [1 - (gct'/c^2)^2]

g0'1' = H1' = 2(gt'/c) gravimagnetic field

g0'0',0' = -2(g^2/c^3)t

g0'1',0' = 2g/c^2

The only non-vanishing terms in this rest LNIF case are

{LC}^1'0'0' = (1/2)g^1'0'g0'0',0' + (1/2)g^1'1'g0'1',0'

= -g^1'0'(g^2/c^3)t' + g^1'1'g/c^2

Note that there appears to be an additional non-Newtonian term here. We need to calculate the inverse matrix to gu'v' of course.

The Galilean approximation here is gt'/c << 1


{LC}^1'0'0'~ g^1'1'g/c^2

Where obviously

g^1'1' = -1


{LC}^1'0'0'~ -g/c^2

But the REST LNIF non-geodesic equation for the test particle is, in this case

{LC}^1'0'0' = F(non-gravity reaction force)/mc^2


-g ~ F(non-gravity reaction force)/m


Saturday, November 13, 2004


On Nov 13, 2004, at 1:05 PM, Jack Sarfatti wrote:

From the published papers of STAIF and NASA BPP (now defunct) it is apparent that many aerospace engineers do not understand the essentials of Einstein's theory of gravity in their attempts to come up with exotic advanced propulsion systems. Hence the silly proposal to change "rest mass" (part of Hal Puthoff's PV program) for more efficient space-craft. Indeed, you might be able to do that, but it would be a disaster WMD to do so as a reading of Sir Martin Rees's "Just Six Numbers" shows. (Also Tipler & Barrow "The Anthropic Cosmological Principle).

I only use 1916 plain vanilla GR with the Levi-Civita connection. No extended "Affine" connection etc.

Start with

ds^2 = guvdx^udx^v

Summation convention over repeated upper and lower indices.

Equations in physics must be dimensionally consistent. Mathematicians sometimes flout this in differential geometry. One can do this virtually in intermediate steps as long as one checks that the final real output equations are physically consistent dimensionally. Similarly theoretical physicists have a pure mathematician's Cargo Cult fetish and like to be "elegant" setting everything in sight = 1, e.g. h = c = G = 1 that causes a lot of confusion and leads to them missing interesting connections between seemingly disparate quantities. As Ludwig Boltzmann said "Elegance is for tailors."

ds is the local frame invariant differential length, dx^u is a frame-dependent coordinate differential length, therefore, the metric tensor components guv must be dimensionless pure numbers and the L-C connection has dimension 1/(length). Therefore, c^2{L-C} is an "acceleration".

Example 1. Global Inertial Frame GIF in really flat space-time.

In Cartesian coordinates

ds^2 = -(cdt)^2 + dx^2 + dy^2 + dz^2

goo = -1

g11 = g22 = g33 = 1

all off-diagonal components = 0.

Look at (see below for proof)

{LC}i00 = (1/2)(g0i,0 + gi0,0 - g00,i) = goi,0 - (1/2)goo,i


{LC}i00 = 0

in GIF Cartesian coordinates.

1a. Do a static orthogonal coordinate transformation to spherical polar coordinates. This is not a local general coordinate transformation but a rigid global coordinate transformation.

z = rcos(theta)

x = rsin(theta)cos(phi)

y = rsin(theta)sin(phi)

dt = dt'

dz = drcos(theta) - rsin(theta)dtheta

dx = drsin(theta)cos(phi) + rcos(theta)cos(phi)dtheta - rsin(theta)sin(phi)dphi

dy = drsin(theta)sin(phi) + rcos(theta)sin(phi)dtheta + rsin(theta)cos(phi)dphi

Substitute to get

ds^2 = -(cdt)^2 + dr^2 + r^2[dtheta^2 + sin^2(theta)dphi^2]

The infinitesimal coordinate differentials in the little orthonormal triad at (r,theta, phi) in space are

der = erdr
detheta = ethetardtheta
dephi = ephirsin(theta)dphi

where er, etheta and ephi are an orthonormal 3-vector basis or LOCAL ORTHOGONAL TRIAD FRAME in 3D space.

Obviously, the dimensionless metric tensor components in this static orthogonal coordinate transformation are for

0 = t, 1 = x, 2 = y, 3 = z

0' = t, 1' = r, 2' = theta, 3' = phi

ds^2 = gu'v'(de^u')(de^v')

g0'0' = g00 = -1

g1'1' = g11 = +1

g2'2' = g22 = +1

g3'3' = g33 = +1

That is, the individual metric tensor components under this restricted set of global static orthogonal coordinate transformations in globally flat space-time are invariants.

Therefore {L-C}i'0'0' = 0 as well in GIF static orthogonal spherical polar coordinates.

This result is intuitively obvious, but needs to be shown formally as well.

Let's call these trivial coordinate transformations.

1b. The simplest non-trivial coordinate transformation to a non-inertial frame with the appearance of an "inertial force" (mis-named "non-inertial force" is more precise) is the global Galilean transformation along the z axis

t -> t' = t

x -> x' = x

y -> y' = y

z -> z' = z - (1/2)gt^2

where gt/v << 1


dz = dz' + gt'dt'

Substitute into

ds^2 = -(cdt)^2 + dx^2 + dy^2 + dz'^2

to get

ds^2 = -(cdt')^2 + dx'^2 + dy'^2 + (dz' + gt'dt')^2

= -(cdt')^2 + dx'^2 + dy'^2 + dz'^2 + (gt')^2dt'^2 + 2gt'dt'dz'

= [(gt')^2 - c^2]dt'^2 + 2gt'dt'dz' + dx'^2 + dy'^2 + dz'^2

= [(gt'/c)^2 - 1](cdt')^2 + 2(gt'/c)cdt'dz' + dx'^2 + dy'^2 + dz'^2

Therefore, the dimensionless GLOBAL NONINERTIAL FRAME (GNIF) metric tensor components are

g0'0' = [(gt'/c)^2 - 1]

g0'3' = g3'0' = 2(gt'/c)

Note that this off-diagonal space-time metric tensor component is a 3-vector Lense-Thirring "frame drag" gravimagnetic field in the sense of Ray Chiao's "gravity radio" superconducting transducer proposal.

Finally notice that in this GNIF as the rest frame for object of rest mass m

(1/2)g0'^3',0' = g/c^2

Therefore, the translational "weight" as an inertial force in this particular GNIF is simply

(Weight 3-Vector)3' = mc^2(1/2)g0'^3',0'= mc^2{LC}3'0'0'/2 since goo,3' = 0 in this case.

Therefore, this particular case simplifies to

W = mg along the z axis.

Note that a non-gravity force is causing the frame to accelerate.

Locally this is equivalent to a gravity "g-force", but globally it does not fall off to zero as does a real gravity field from a compact source. See Chap 10 of Landau & Lifshitz "Classical Theory of Fields".

Note that there are no inertial forces in inertial frames (either global or local).

The plain vanilla L-C connection has no GCT tensor part.

That is the L-C connection in 1916 GR is 100% inertial force, no GCT tensor force component.

Extended connections with torsion and non-metricity dynamical fields do have GCT tensor pieces, but they are not part of 1916 GR.

The not-GCT tensor Levi-Civita connection for parallel transport of geometric objects in curved space-time is

{LC}wuv = (1/2)(gvw,u + gwu,v - guv,w)

u,v,w,l = 0,1,2,3

Note that indices ij,k = 1,2,3 confined to the 3D spacelike surface in a given 3+1 foliation of the manifold.


{LC}i00 = (1/2)(g0i,0 + gi0,0 - g00,i) = goi,0 - (1/2)goo,i

First look only at the ordinary partial time derivative of the gravimagnetic field


Comma means ordinary partial derivative.

Here I prove that the "translational" "Weight" actually measured in the "rest LNIF" of the object of rest mass m being weighed is

(Weight 3-Vector)^i = mc^2{LC}^i00/2 -> mc^2(1/2)gi0,0 when g00,i = 0

This comes from the "ma = F" of Einstein's 1916 GR:

d^2xl/ds^2 + (1/2){LC}lvw(dx^v/ds)(dx^w/ds) = Fl(non-gravity)/mc^2

In the special LNIF REST FRAME of the center of mass of object of rest mass m where

d^2x^i/ds^2 = 0, i = 1,2,3

dx^i/ds = 0

dx^0/ds = 1

d^2x0/ds^2 = 0

(1/2){LC}i00 = Fi(non-gravity)/mc^2

(1/2){LC}000 = F0(non-gravity)/mc^2

Homework Problem

Show what combination of {LC} connection field components give the centrifugal and Coriolis forces under what kind of non-trivial coordinate transformations of the globally flat metric field.

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

See below on Minkowski metric discussion with Alex & Paul

To be adapted for the stage:

On Nov 9, 2004, at 12:35 AM, iksnileiz@earthlink.net wrote:

"You are like some Kafka bureaucrat who is fixated on a literal interpretation of The Bible" [JS]

Actually I'm not fixated at all.

You are sure fooling me. ;-)

I am simply pointing out that there is a perfectly consistent
alternative physical interpretation of GR, in addition to the traditional Einsteinian model.

You are wrong on that. In fact, you are not even wrong on that. This is your Quixotic Delusion. That's how any editor of a mainstream journal in relativity will view it. I guarantee it. Try it. Prove me wrong. Surprise me.

This means we can get all the essential physical content of GR, and the same formalism,
without an Einstein equivalence principle and without Einsteinian "general relativity".

My psychoceramic meter just went off scale past the redline and exploded psychokinetically! I must say however that this is an improvement on Hal Puthoff's "PV without PV" sold in the Eric Davis USAF teleportation report. You at least admit you violate the equivalence principle (WEP not SEP is understood). Hal thinks he does not violate it even though his co-worker at IAS Austin, Mike Ibison, wrote that PV is not consistent with GCT, nor does it agree with the pulsar 1913 + 16 data. In contrast, Einstein's GR with WEP & GCT, agrees with that data to one part in 10^14 (100 trillion!).

Also, part of what I am doing is exposing what I consider to be the *metaphorical character* of
some of Einstein's most fundamental ideas in relativity physics. So the shoe is really on the other foot.

All of theoretical physics has a "metaphorical character". So what do you mean exactly?

Jack seems to think that anyone who argues critically against the canonical GR texts such as Misner,
Thorne, and Wheeler, or against any of Einstein's ideas regarding special and general relativity,
is somehow *ipso facto* a "crackpot" or an "Einstein-basher" with dark ulterior motives
and a low IQ. Unquestioning obedience to The Master has somehow become a Procrustean benchmark
for all "right thinking" in physics.

"Psychoceramics warning: ... There are no inconsistencies in special relativity." Lorentzian Wormholes, p.204
Matt Visser.

But all I have really been saying is that we had been led to believe that the formalism of GR only
supports the classic Einsteinian model, based on the equivalence hypothesis, but this turns out not
to be the case -- because the LC connection of 1916 GR is linearly decomposable into a tensor and
a non-tensor.

There you go again with nonsense.

Theorem: Using only the methods of Einstein GR 1916, i.e. not allowing the additional adhoc excess baggage of Alex Poltorak's second "affine connection", essentially a new theory beyond 1916 GR, there is no way to write

{L-C} = GCT tensor + non-GCT tensor.

BTW, the Minkowski metric nuv is not a GCT tensor. It is only a Poincare group tensor.

When Feynman writes

guv = nuv + huv

in the sense of spin 2 quantum field theory, huv and guv are NOT GCT tensors in perturbation theory out to a finite number of terms.

Feynman only gets GCT Einstein GR in a Poincare group vacuum instability like ODLRO BCS theory with a non-perturbative sum of an infinity of restricted Feynman diagrams. This is like my pre-inflationary Dirac Sea --> Higgs Ocean with a collapse of vacuum phase space volume explaining the "Arrow of Time" in the sense posed by Roger Penrose in "Fashion, Faith and Fantasy". Zielinski's program here is not at all fashionable. It is pure fantasy.

I have not even asserted at this point that the alternative interpretation I am proposing is the uniquely
correct model -- just that it is available, is internally coherent, and is fully compatible with the GR

I deny that it is internally coherent.

Neither have I said that the mere existence of this alternative model in and of itself necessarily invalidates
the Einsteinian approach and its "equivalence hypothesis". However, there are additional arguments that
have been advanced in the literature on this subject that do raise serious questions about the original
heuristic motivation for GR and how seriously it is to be taken at this point.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

If it is true that there is a viable alternative model for physically interpreting the formalism of GR
in its current stage of development, then I am simply suggesting that it might be interesting to
explore the ramifications of this alternative; although as a matter of fact these ramifications have
already been explored by many well-qualified authors in thoroughly competent papers published
in leading peer-reviewed journals such as Il Nuovo Cimento, the AJP, and Physical Review.

So judging by your reactions I think it is you who is thoroughly fixated and borderline irrational.

You seem to be desperately circling the wagons.


I have not read these alleged articles. I am only going by what you actually write - obscure though it is most of the time.

Minkowski Metric & Curvilinear Coordinates

People are sloppy. You can get away with using inconsistent units virtually in intermediate steps as long as one checks the final "real" equations dealing with the actual physics for dimensional consistency.

Example http://arXiv/gr-qc/9712019
pp 60-61:

However, since the metric tensor and the {L-C} connection in 1916 GR have direct physical meaning, I insist that a consistent choice be made at each step of the way. This means that guv must be dimensionless and {L-C} has dimension (length)^-1 (or (time)^-1). Curvature then has dimension (Area)^-1 (or (time)^-2).

Example 1. Plane polar coordinates on a truly FLAT plane.

You see in Carroll's discussion his guv is dimensionally inconsistent as are his Christoffel symbols. You have more freedom in pure math than in using the math in a physical model. Carroll's eq (3.22) is in fact

dl^2 = (drer + rdthetaetheta)^2 = grr(der)^2 + gthetatheta(detheta)^2

Where er and etheta are the radial and tangential orthonormal basis vectors in plane polar coordinates.

der = drer is an infinitesimal radial vector

detheta = rdthetaetheta is an infinitesimal tangential vector

The gij are mutually consistent dimensionless numbers!


gij = Kronecker delta, i,j = r,theta

gij,k = 0

All Christoffel symbols = 0

Now if you used an arbitrary basis of dimensionless e1, e2 unit vectors that are not orthogonal, but still linearly independent

dl^2 = (dx1e1 + dx2e2)^2 = dx1^2 + dx2^2 + 2e1.e2dx1dx2

g11 = 1

g22 = 1

g21 = g12 = e1.e2 = cos(phi)

These are still linear transformations.

Let's start with

dl^2 = dx^2 + dy^2 = nijdx^idx^j

A flat metric on the plane.

Make a GCT

x -> x'(x,y)

y -> y'(x,y)

x,y, x',y' all have same physical dimensions i.e. "length".

Define, the Jacobian matrix of this GCT as the dimensionless 2x2 matrix

X^x'x X^x'y
X^y'x X^y'y


X^x'x = x',x

X^x'y = x',y

X^y'x = y',x

X^y'y = y',y

, means partial derivative

Also there is its inverse matrix since det(Jacobian) =/= 0 for a proper GCT.

nij = Kronecker delta


nij = 1 if i = j

nij = 0 if i =/= j

nij is a GCT metric tensor, therefore

ni'j' = Xi'^iXj'^jnij = Xi'^iXj'^inii = X^i'1X^j'1 + X^i'2Xj'2

So that in general the FLAT metric tensor has off-diagonal terms in curvilinear coordinates.

This generalizes obviously to N-dim space.

However, in orthogonal transformations

X^i'1X^j'1 + X^i'2Xj'2 = Kronecker Delta i.e. = 1 if i'=j' = 0 if i' =/= j'


x' = xcos@ + ysin@

y' = -xsin@ + ycos@

X^x'x = cos@

X^x'y = sin@

X^y'x = -sin@

X^y'y = cos@

X^x'xXx'x + X^x'yX^x'y = cos^2@ + sin^2@ = 1

the off diagonals are

cos@sin@ - sin@cos@ = 0

Example 2 GCT in 4D GR

Let's start with a curved space-time metric GCT tensor guv

I make the split

guv = nuv + huv

where nuv is DEFINED as the CONSTANT Minkowski metric MATRIX, i.e. -1,1,1,1 along diagonal , 0's off-diagonal

NOTE that nuv and huv need NOT be GCT tensors separately, ONLY THEIR SUM NEED BE!

Note that all the nuv, huv and guv are pure numbers no physical dimensions

The GCT scalar invariant is

ds^2 = guvdx^udx^v

The dx^u all have the same physical dimensions UNLIKE some of the purely formal math discussions you cite.

Also this is not perturbation theory. In no sense is huv << nuv.

Next make a multi-linear GCT tensor transformation X (note that X is dimensionless):

guv -> gu'v' = Xu'^uXv'^vguv = Xu'^uXv'^v(nuv + huv) = Xu'^uXv'^vnuv + Xu'^uXv'huv


n'u'v' = Xu'^uXv'^vnuv

h'u'v' = Xu'^uXv'^vhuv


guv -> gu'v' = Xu'^uXv'^vguv = n'u'v' + h'u'v'

But the game is not over. I now define

gu'v' = nu'v' + hu'v'

Where AGAIN like originally

nu'v' is DEFINED as the CONSTANT Minkowski metric MATRIX, i.e. -1,1,1,1 along diagonal , 0's off-diagonal.


hu'v' = gu'v' - nu'v'

This is a well-defined algorithm associated with each GCT. It's a kind of additional compensating gauge transformation associated with the GCT.

Again note that

n'u'v'(GCT tensor) =/= nu'v'(non-GCT tensor)

h'u'v'(GCT tensor) =/= hu'v'(non-GCT tensor)

Hey, if Alex can do his shenanigans with a SECOND AFFINE CONNECTION completely different from the FIRST PLAIN VANILLA {L-C} connection, I can certainly do this.


hu'v'(non-GCT tensor) = Strain Tensor of the World Distortion Field


huv = Lp^2(Higgs Ocean Goldstone Phase)(,u,v) note it is dimensionless

( ) = symmetrizer

The dimensionless ANHOLONOMIC FIELD is

Suv = Lp^2(Higgs Ocean Goldstone Phase)[,u,v]

[ ] is anti-symmetrizer

We can use {L-C} from guv to make L-C GCT covariant derivatives and get a torsion tensor with same dimensions as the {L-C} connection field itself.

The GCT X^u'u come from local phase transformations on the Goldstone phase field of the post-inflationary Higgs Ocean.

Monday, November 08, 2004

Typo-corrected expanded draft #2:

On Nov 8, 2004, at 11:22 AM, Jack Sarfatti wrote:


See p. 73 on "negative energy". There is a lot of confusion on this in the literature.

Eric says "mass energy density < "stress"

What Eric should say is that for positive energy density

w = pressure/(energy density) < -1/3

pressure < -(1/3)(energy density)

We see below that the key equation is (weak limit)

Grad^2V = 4piGrho(1 + 3w)

Where a positive RHS gravitates and a negative RHS anti-gravitates outside the boundary of a compact source.

"Exotic" means "anti-gravitates".

If, on the other hand, the energy density is negative, then one wants w > -1/3.

Therefore, there are more possibilities than Eric mentions.

The key is the frame-invariant trace T of the stress-energy source tensor Tuv(Source) in Einstein's GR field equation

Guv(Geometry) = -(8piG/c^4)Tuv(Source)

If we assume an isotropic perfect fluid source, mass density rho, pressure p

T^u^v = c^2rho(1 + w)(dX^u/ds)(dX^v/ds) - pg^u^v

T = c^2rho(1 - 3w)

R^u^v = -(8piG/c^4)(T^u^v - (1/2)g^u^vT)

R00 = -{L-C}^i00,i ordinary partial derivative of the Levi-Civita connection field.

Note that

W^i = mc^2{L-C}^i00

is the 3-vector "weight" of m in its rest LNIF.

W^i = 0 in the rest LIF consistent with WEP (Weak Equivalence Principle)

In the weak-field slow-speed Newtonian-Galilean relativity limit of Einstein's GR

G^0^0 = 2R^0^0 --> - (2/c^2)Grad^2V

V = Newtonian gravity potential energy per unit test mass

Grad^2V ~ 4piGrho(1 + 3w)


1. Ordinary slowly-moving on-mass-shell matter w ~ 0

T^u^v(matter) ~ c^2rho(dX^u/ds)(dX^v/ds) - pg^u^v

T(matter) ~ c^2rho

Grad^2V ~ 4piGrho

2. Relativistic matter & radiation

w --> +1/3

T^u^v(radiation) = (4/3)c^2rho(dX^u/ds)(dX^v/ds) - pg^u^v

T(radiation) = c^2rho(1 - 1) = 0

Grad^2V(radiation) = 8piGrho(radiation)

3. Zero point micro-quantum vacuum fluctuations (all spins).

Lorentz invariance + WEP minimal gravity coupling --> w = -1

T^u^v(zpf) = - p(zpf)g^u^v

/\zpf = (c^4/8piG)p(zpf) = Einstein's cosmological "constant".

For virtual photons, completely random, with the usual Planck scale cutoff

/\zpf ~ Lp^-2 ~ 10^+66 cm^-2

This is 122 Powers of Ten too big compared to dark energy observations (Type 1a supernovae data)

*This is the cosmological constant problem.

Grad^2V(zpf) ~ -(8piG/c^2)p(zpf) = - c^2/\zpf

Virtual (off-mass-shell) photons (3 independent spin components) have negative zpf pressure from Bose-Einstein quantum statistics commutation rules of creation and destruction.

Therefore a compact source of completely random virtual photons anti-gravitate as "dark energy" outside its boundary.

Virtual electron-positron pairs (2 independent spin components) have positive zpf pressure from the Pauli Exclusion Principle anti-commutation rules of creation and destruction operators. Therefore, a compact source of virtual electron-positron pairs will gravitate like "dark matter" outside its boundary. From a distance they gravity lens like w = 0 CDM.

* Note, you get the opposite inside the boundaries!

For example, the Pioneer 10-11 anomaly is a dark energy hedgehog exotic vacuum topological defect centered at Sun starting at 20 AU from the Sun.

Ordinary vacua have p(zpf) = 0.

OK to sharpen what Eric Davis says on p. 73

The real criterion for "exotic matter" with anti-gravity outside compact exotic sources is

w < -1/3

At least for isotropic perfect fluid sources like zpf in bulk.

On Nov 4, 2004, at 11:26 AM, Gary S. Bekkum wrote:



Air Force report calls for $7.5M to study psychic teleportation

I do not support any of the recommendations in 2.3 for the following reasons:

1. The correct calculations give effects that are much too small.

2. There are serious conceptual errors starting with the use of Puthoff's PV theory giving the false impression that it is plausible and viable for metric engineering warp, wormhole and weapon (W^3) in the context of UFOs. Davis worked for the UFO NIDS in Las Vegas now defunct although Bigelow Aerospace is still going. For example, the idea that you need negative zero point energy density for a stargate is wrong. You need positive zero point energy density (zpf) with equal and opposite negative pressure w = -1 because the gravity source created from the zpf is, for all sources real and virtual, proportional to (1 + 3w) as shown by Mike Turner in the recent Rev Mod Physics article on precision cosmology. One cannot ignore the cosmological constant problem even on small scales.

3. Davis's reference to work by Robert Forward, Puthoff & Cole on extraction of vacuum energy by the Casimir force has been disputed by Ian Peterson of the University of Coventry UK. In any case, you do not get a lot of energy and the energy you might get is very small from the electrostatic energy of the mutually induced electric dipoles in the neutral molecules of the plates.